I’ve been growing cacti from seeds for a few years now and not all of them have been a success. This Astrophytum asterias “super kabuto” is now 3,5 years old, but it still looks like a tiny seedling. Its growth stalled entirely when it was a couple of months old and it never really caught up. Recently it decided to grow again from the top of the stalled growth and I’m happy about that. Let’s just see how long I get to keep this straggler.
My name is Helle and I’m a Danish graphic designer.
I love to paint plants/nature and grow succulents and houseplants in my apartment. This is a blog about exactly that.
Follow me on a trial and error adventure!
- The giant Hoya australis is flowering!
- Monilaria moniliformis, 3 years + 6 months (repotting session)
- Date palms, 11 months
- Cotyledon tomentosa flower!
- Astrophytum asterias “super kabuto”, 3 years + 6 months
- Hoya citrina in its new pot
- Peperomia “hope” update
- Finally some flower buds on my huge Hoya australis!
- Hoya imbricata
- Sedum rubrotinctum, 1 year of growth